Lots of people are looking for success in work from home business but only some of them actually got it. What is the difference?
Treating people with respect wins trust and then develops long lasting relationships. Here is what to do to have success in work from home business:
1) Be on time. Actually, turn up early for appointments and meetings. Plan time milestones in your daily schedule that let you know when to start transferring to an appointment. That is, note when you will stop working on a task, start collecting resource materials, and start traveling. Allow time for delays in travelling, especially if driving. Consider: The most effective way to destroy people’s trust in you is to waste their time.
2) Get in touch with others. Answer your phone and return phone calls. Listen carefully and completely when people talk to you. Show an interest in others before telling about yourself. When making messages or calls devote all of your attention to what the other person is saying (instead of time sharing with other tasks, such as checking e-mail or playing online games). Phone others only when you can commit full attention to what the other person is saying. Consider: ignoring people is rude and unprofessional.
3) Plan projects. For example, always create an agenda for meetings. Get in touch with key participants before the meeting to hear their views, solicit suggestions for agenda items, and coach them on how to prepare for the meeting. Send agendas far enough before the meeting so that people have a chance to prepare. Consider: Bad meetings demonstrate an inability to provide leadership.
4) Be courteous. Discover the good in everyone. Compliment others. Avoid starting or listening to gossip. Never ridicule, insult, or make fun of other people. Use positive words, always speaking about what you want and how you want things to be. Avoid suggesting motives or assigning judgments for other people’s actions and views. Consider: Discourtesy damages all relationships.
5) Support others. Be a mentor for newcomers. They need success in work from home business. Share ideas. Teach people skills that will allow them to excel. Work with a spirit of abundance. Seek win/win results. Let others speak first, even on issues where you are an expert. Give first without attaching a receipt for return favours. Consider: Selfish people end up working harder.
With more of us working fewer hours and with a resulting earnings gap to close, there’s arguably never been a better time to set up a business you can run in your spare time from home. Whether it’s to help make ends meet, or to follow your passion, or maybe even both, you need success in work from home business. You can find great ideas and tips on one of our webinars. Please register on one of them here.